I have so much headcanons about Edo-Lisanna that sometimes I forget she wasn't even shown in the story. So I decided to post some of them (some of them involving Lisanna Strauss' 'death':
- Edo-Lisanna refers to the Strauss family as 'Earth-nee', 'Earth-nii-chan' and 'Strauss-chan' (or 'Earth-Lis-chan'). Picking up on that, Earth-Lisanna began calling the Edolas siblings 'Edo-nee' (or 'Edo-Mira-nee'), 'Edo-nii-chan' and 'Edo-chan'.
- I don't know if the 'soul trapped in another body' makes sense, but it's a plot I've always liked, and if the Anima bugged because of Edo-Lisanna's death, pulling Earth-Lisanna in, I don't know why it wouldn't try to affect the Edolas girl too. Although it didn't affected her body in any way. I've seen a lot of people saying they swapped bodies, but Mira clearly say they didn't had Lisanna's body to bury, so no, that's not true.
- Inside Lisanna's body, Edo-Lis has access to her stronger memories, feelings and thoughts. That's how she knows of the Beast Soul incident.
- All of the explanations Edo-Lisanna give about the Anima are mere speculation, because no one knows how the Anima works, or how a soul can be trapped, for that matter. And the Strauss' wounds being fatal is also not a sure fact, but she's convinced of it for some reason.
- And now for the thing that inspired all these headcanons: the reason Lisanna could fool everyone in Edolas was because the real Edo-Lisanna was influencing her, because I don't see another way for someone to impersonate so well a person that's supposed to be her opposite. This doesn't mean she was behind her counterpart's decision of impersonating her, by that time she was too confused being a dead trapped person to do anything.
And by the way, the origin of this whole headcanon is because, at least in the sub of the anime I watched, Lisanna says 'my memories began to mix, and I slowly got used to the world of Edolas'. For some reason I thought the memories thing were a weird way of telling what happened, and so I imagined all this. I'm somewhat scared of me overanalyzing stuff, to be honest. ^^'
- While Lisanna seems to be accepting of death from a young age, her Edolas counterpart Edo-chan is the opposite, fearing that after people died, they were eventually completely forgotten by everyone. While the youngest Strauss doesn't mind being on the sidelines, Edo-Lisanna wanted to be important and remembered by everyone. She never showed those feelings to anyone though, and would not hesitate to risk her life for a comrade, being more of a fighter than her counterpart.
- As for design-related stuff, while Earth-Lisanna always had short hair, her counterpart was the opposite and loved keeping her hair long since she was a child. However, not long before her death, she cut it so it would be more practical at battles and such. Since as a spirit she can appear to Lisanna in any way she wants, she prefers to show up with the old hairstyle.
And sometimes, being in the heat of a battle, Lisanna is influenced by the Edolas girl's fighting spirit (no pun intended), and her Cat Take-Over gets longer hair.
And that's all. Thanks for reading this far, and I hope you liked it. I should probably mention that, while all of this was in my mind for a long time, the dialogue itself was loosely based on the song/conversation Tensei
(Reincarnation), by Cosmo@BousouP. While it ended up completely different from those lyrics, I think the melody
suits it pretty well.